October 14 @ 9:00 am - October 15 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0EGP2,600
“Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others” – Jack Welch
We live in a time where the needs of employees and the expectations of organizations are changing rapidly, and managing the day-to-day tasks and projects of a team is not enough anymore. For a leader, coaching subordinates is one of the core competencies he/she needs to develop their teams and increase their productivity.
“iCoach” is quite the solution to build a coaching culture in the organization and improve performance. The workshop equips managers with the tools and skills that help them develop others and transfer experience and passion to their teams and colleagues.
- Assess their current coaching skills
- Identify performance coaching
- Discuss the right mindset needed for effective coaching
- Demonstrate tools for profiling coachees
- Practice diagnosing performance problems
- Practice the coaching model and different tools needed for effective coaching
Module One: Introduction to Coaching
- Defining coaching
- Types of coaching- performance coaching
- Where do you stand with your coaching skills?
- Coaching model
Module Two: The Coach
- The coach’s role
- The coaching mindset
- The coaching states: Listening, Intuition, Curiosity, Forward & Deepen, and Leading & Self-Management
Module Three: The Coachee – Who are you coaching?
- Coachee profiling tools
- Performance/Potential matrix
- Skill/Will matrix
- Wheel of life
- Job performance wheel
- The coaching relationship
Module Four: The Coaching Process
- The coaching process and associated skills
- The 5 types of coaching conversations
- Coaching for change: The Axes of Change model
Who should attend?
Managers and Senior Managers